Healthcare Practice Team Experience:Our healthcare practice is headed by Dr. Samia K. Babar, who has over 18 years’ experience in creating awareness about health related issues and communications. She is assisted by another qualified doctor who has been working on healthcare communication programs. We have a full time resource person/ writer at GSK offices. This specialized team is assisted by client service mangers in Islamabad and Lahore, media relations team, art department and media monitoring team in three cities
Health Awareness Society (HAS):A public service unit of Mediators “HAS” has been established with the objective of creating awareness about various illnesses. Various healthcare awareness campaigns have been launched under the HAS banner under the objective of creating awareness about various diseases & chronic illnesses and how they can be prevented, controlled and managed by timely actions. All of these campaigns were conducted by HAS in association with leading pharmaceuticals & multinationals operating in Pakistan.
Mediators Services In Community Development:
- IResearch Projects ADDR/USAID Promotion of Exclusive Breast Feeding
- Job Description : Investigator
- Questionnaire designing writing training of LHV’s & social workers educating & training mothers compiling data /
analysis report writing.
- Supervisor health education and literacy project H.E.L.P
- Worked in three Katchi Abadis, Neelam Colony, Upper Gizri.
- Training of community health workers LHVs in breast feeding, ARI, DIARRHEA, PRIMARY HEALTH CARE,
SANITATION, NUTRATION, INCOME GENERATION TRAINING, QUICK COUNT SURVEY OF 2 COLONIES,
LOANS FOR SMALL BUSINESS, REGISTRATION OF LOCAL COMMUNITY NGOs, arranging HOME SCHOOL
TRAINING, REPORT WIRTING, ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE.
- Training / Workshops:
- Municipal Training & Research Institute-MTRI, Management Skills Scope – Drinking Water Awareness, SHIRKAT GAH
- Environment Protection, Aurat Foundation – Primary Health Care, ADDR/USAID Data Analysis Workshop.
- Worked with International Finance Corporation (IFC) on creating favorable perception about the privatization of Faisalabad
Area Electricity Board in the communities of the area
- Worked with United Nations Development Program (UNDP) on creating awareness about Small & Medium Enterprises
(SMEs) promotion in Pakistan
- Our sister non-profit organization The Researchers has worked on a number of projects with donors; for reference visit The
Researchers website (www.theresearchers.org).
- The Researchers is/ has been associated with some of leading international institutions like USAID, AusAID, UNDP, UNESCO, Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC), Royal Norwegian Embassy, Royal Netherlands Embassy, GTZ - COMO, EU, National Democratic Institute (NDI), The Asia Foundation (TAF)
Mediators Services In The Area Of Corporate Social Responsibility Programs
- Worked with Unilever in creating awareness about heart diseases.
- Made documentaries for Unilever to showcase their CSR work in education and Thar area.
- Worked with Sanofi Aventis to create awareness on how to manage diabetes, cancer and heart diseases.
- Worked with Wyeth to create awareness about children’s vaccination.
- Worked with Shell on their road safety program.
- Worked with Shell to promote their Tameer Program to encourage entrepreneurship.
- Potential private sector investors & customers
- Developed documentaries for Sindh Education Foundation to promote their contributions.
- Worked with Telenor to promote their CSR initiatives
Healthcare Management Programmes by Mediators:
Evasion: A childcare awareness campaign that created awareness about Invasive Pneumococcal Disease (IPD) and its
AAP: Asthma Awareness programme (AAP) a program about Asthma & Asthma Management.
Amaryl Club: An exclusive club created for diabetics that provided awareness about diabetes and explained its management.
Hope Club: An exclusive club created for hypertension and heart patients that provided awareness about heart diseases and explained its management.
Healthcare Practice Experiences:
- We are presently working with GlaxoSmithKline on respiratory systems and vaccines. Our relationship in the last five years with GSK has included Corporate PR, Cervarix and Synflorix portfolios.
- Our first six clients are from the Pharma sector: Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Wyeth, Abbott, Schering, Hoechst & E-Merck.
- We have worked with Pharma Bureau to create media support for industry issues like pricing, patents, IPR violations, etc.
- We organized the first Health Conference with the support of Pharma Bureau, attended by the Federal Health Minister, Secretary Health and DG Health besides industry leaders and doctors.
- We have worked on “Heart Disease Prevention” projects and initiated “Tea & Health Programs” for Unilever.
- We conducted Health Awareness programs for Tetra Pak.
- We conducted IPD Awareness programs for Wyeth.
- We worked on different healthcare related projects for Aventis.
- We developed a documentary for Getz Pharma and organized a press briefing for announcing formulation of Pegylated interferon in Pakistan.
- Launch of preventive vaccine for Hepatitis B and a Malaria treatment drug in Lahore & Karachi
- Produced a documentary on a vitamin.
Different Experiences of Working With/For Healthcare Programmes:
- In one year we organized 138 events in 26 cities of the country and established the Amaryl Club.
- Introduced the company to Wasim Akram, who became their product spokesperson.
- Taxotere: Organised Breast Cancer Awareness programs with leading oncologists.
- Tritace: Worked with their Paris office on a survey and held awareness seminars.
- Crisis Media training for senior management.
- Reductil: Organized product launch and media visits
- Organized event to mark the expansion project.
- Successfully managed a heart disease prevention project in Karachi, Lahore & Islamabad for one and a half years.
- Developing information and advertising material and maintaining contact with doctors of the cities was part of responsibilities
- Ran a Tea & Health program.
- Writing articles, coordination with the Dept. of Biochemistry at KU and organizing seminars were all included in the activities.
- Conducted Crisis Media Training for upper management.
- For all projects and clients, developed large database of doctors, hospitals and patients.
Johnson & Johnson
- Worked jointly to gain tax exemption on production of ‘sutures’
- Organized childcare health awareness seminars in nine major cities of Pakistan.
- The promotional activities were conducted in Karachi, Hyderabad, Quetta, Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan, Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Peshawar
- Working at present with GSK on Respiratory PR & Vaccines PR
- Other GSK assignments handled by us include Corporate PR, Support to GSK CSR projects & Cervical Cancer and Invasive Pneumococcal Disease (IPD) PR
- Avandia: Crisis handling by drafting clarification & Press releases
- Swine Flu: Swine Flu crisis training, Articles placed in major publications, Daily Media monitoring, Translations of negative news coverage
- Parkinson’s Disease Awareness: Conducted and managed Radio and TV shows on WPD, Conducted and managed cable TV tickers on WPD, Translation of Parkinson’s disease brochure, Epilepsy Awareness, Conducted and managed cable TV tickers on WED